You’re probably counting down the days to Thanksgiving, giddy about that four day weekend and copious amounts of delicious food. Hey, we are too but don’t forget about Black Friday.
Yup, the day after Thanksgiving, the busiest shopping day of the year. Many think about the sales and the mass consumer hysteria that this day offers but often an important factor is overlooked: family bonding. Lots of families hold Black Friday traditions that are almost as sacred as Thanksgiving itself. Families crawl out of bed early in the morning, wait in line together, shop together and basically spend the entire day together. Family bonding while shopping, it’s the American way.
- Wake up early. Duh! This is obvious right? It is, but many people underestimate the hour in which they must wake up. If you can’t handle waking up at 2 or 3 am, you probably aren’t cut out for the day.
- Race Mentality. This isn’t a leisurely day of shopping, well at least it isn’t if you want to find the very best deals. Be ready to race for a product and jockey for position. Remember, thousands of others have seen the same ads you have and are probably after the same products you are. Be prepared for some competition but . . .
- Be Nice. Remember, it is just shopping. Racing to a product doesn’t give you the right to be rude or annoying. If someone beats you to a product, deal with it. Also, don’t be in a surely mood. It’s early enough, no one wants to deal with you and your bad mood.
- No Excuses. Never use “it’s early” as an excuse. We all know its early! Everyone is up early! If you use the time as an excuse you are basically saying you can’t hang with everyone else.
- Don’t get discouraged. Maybe you didn’t get the product you desired on Black Friday, don’t get discouraged. If you strike out on Black Friday there is always Cyber Monday, an equally big shopping day for online retailers. You can probably find some great deals online that day and the entire weekend.
Good luck on your Black Friday adventures. If you need get someone a t-shirt for Christmas, make sure to check out what we’re offering.